£20,000 to £30,000 plus package
April 1st, 2022
My client is now one of the most highly respected and significant names in the interiors sector, operating in the industry for over 15 years. The services they offer include, Office Moves, shop fitting and Office Fit Out. They have a long history of steady growth and continual investment in their business and with a turnover of £60m plus have the financial stability.
They are now expanding their operation in the Fit Out sector, adding quality people to their team. They are currently in the market for a Junior Estimator to join their team to keep up with the high demand of work.
The Junior Estimator role entails supporting the Estimating team with the Traditional Tenders from initial receipt through the pre contract stage including technical evaluation, commercial responsibility and contract agreement up to the point of hand over to the Contracts Manager who will undertake the build process thereafter.
• Assisting on projects ranging from £100K to £9M
• Assist in all commercial aspects of projects until the point of handover to the Contracts/Project Manager.
• Co-ordination of design and sub-contractor pricing, formulise and issue tender enquiries
• Preparation of detailed cost plans / budget guidance for client presentation and review.
• Identifying and analysing commercial risks.
• Preparing and analysing tender returns.
• Measurement of drawings to form Bills of Quantities
• Assist in liaising with professional teams, especially quantity/building surveyors.
• Ideally Quantity Surveying/Estimating or Construction Project Management degree qualified.
• Ideally 2 years’ experience in a quantity surveying / estimating role with a commercial fit-out company (not a must) or with a small to medium main contractor.
• A good understanding of services installations, both electrical and mechanical.
• A commercial awareness of the balance of risk and profit is essential.
• Good commercial understanding of the market and market values.
• Ability to build relationships, internally and externally.
• Experienced negotiator and communicator
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Experienced user of Microsoft Excel, Outlook & any planning software package such as Microsoft Project