£55,000 to £65,000 depending on experience
March 29th, 2022
My client is a Mechanical and Electrical Company specialising in commercial Mechanical, Plumbing and Heating and BMS projects.
My client is currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Estimator to join the team. Ideally to take over from one of the directors who has been managing the Estimating team over the past few years.
• Undertake the preparation and processing of quotations, bids, and tenders.
• Prepare Supplier and Sub-contractor enquiries.
• Produce bills of quantities, schedules of work and contractors’ proposal documents to support bids.
• Assess material, labour and plant requirements in compilation of the tender.
• Produce breakdowns, substantiation and undertake value engineering processes to meet client budgetary requirements
• Liaise with Architects, Engineers, Sub-contractors, Suppliers, and the Client to establish the project specification, preliminary requirements, risk provision and exclusions.
• Attend and contribute to meetings with work colleagues and or Clients/Customers when necessary.
• Ensure all contract documentation is representative of offer and reports, cost data and supporting information is accurate and made available at the appropriate time.
• Maintain records and filing of information relating to submitted tenders.
• Following up on submitted tenders/quotations.
• Review unsuccessful bids, client and operational feedback on contracts delivered to improve accuracy of future tenders.
• Carry out handover meetings for successful bids.
• Salary £55,000-£65,000
• 29 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays and your birthday
• Company health care scheme
• We pay for travel if they need to visit/attend site meetings.
• Office based, We’re flexible on the odd days but not all the time.
• Currently there is the director who is the senior Estimator and one other estimator.
• The candidate would take over from the director’s role so that he can concentrate on
• the business. Projects ranging from 10k – £2.5m
• Commercial project (NHS, AWE, Prisons, Colleges etc)
• Currently use ground plan and an excel sheet for Estimating package experience on these are not a deal breaker training will be provided.
If you are looking for a new challenge and the chance to progress within you career, please send your CV and I will be in contact.