£40,000 - £65,000 DOE
December 9th, 2020
My client is a small dry-lining sub-contractor who specialise in Residential and Commercial projects, their average tender size varies between £50k – £2 million. Established in 1990 and growing year on year since they are now looking to take the next step by adding an experienced and proven Surveyor/Estimator to their Commercial team.
Quantity Surveyor Experience Required
- Have a proven and successful Quantity Surveyor background with Drywall packages
- Will come from a drywall background
- Be based in Bedfordshire or surrounding counties
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously ranging from £50k – £2 million
- You should show an acute commercial awareness from working and negotiating with the various on-site ‘labour only’ trades through to procurement of subcontract packages and materials on to contract reporting for the Commercial Director
- You will already have a track record that shows you can produce quality results on time and within budget. Able to deal with clients, local Authorities, and sub-contractors alike, you will be a positive character with a desire to succeed and achieve positive results and repeat business.
Role of the Quantity Surveyor
- To work on multiple projects with a value of up to £2m across various sectors, including Commercial and Residential
- You will be expected to work on projects across the whole of the UK, tasked with attending site for meetings
- You will be working out of the Flitwick office
- Their main area of expertise lies within internal refurbishment including partitioning, ceilings, SFS and screeding.
The Estimator Role
- Supporting bid team by producing accurate and competitive tenders in order to win new work for the contractor
- Ensure that processes are always practical and adhered to
- Producing bills of quantities from drawings and specifications
- Cost comparison and subcontractor selection
- Preparing and submitting subcontract enquiries
Role of the Estimator requested
- Must have at least 2 years estimating experience with Drywall and Partitioning Systems
- Proactive and always committed attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to read and understand tender documents, specifications, drawings, and terms & Conditions
- Previous estimating experience is essential
- Live within 30 miles of Flitwick
If you are looking for a new challenge and the chance to progress in one of the UK’s leading Specialist Sub-Contractors, please send your CV in for consideration.