£80,000 - £90,000 PLUS PACKAGE
January 13th, 2021
Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Preparation of internal commercial reporting and any other reports which may be required.
- Preparation of valuations/applications for payment with supporting documentation in accordance with the contract.
- Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client with contractually compliant supporting documentation.
- Preparation and management of subcontract and material procurement schedules.
- Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
- Undertake the contract administration, including change management and maintain associated registers.
- Identifying commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change.
- Assist in cost control/cost mitigation.
- Measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as
- Positive engagement with Client equivalent position.
- Assist in the preparation of project final accounts.
- Drafting of subcontracts including professional services.
- Update risk and opportunity register
- Update accruals list
- Submit payment applications
- Carry out a safety inspection with the site agent once a month
Quantity Surveyor skills and experience:
- Relevant Industry Qualification
- Commercially astute with knowledge of standard forms of contract and standard methods of measurement.
- Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word/Excel/Outlook/Powerpoint).
- Good communication skills including presentations and ability to negotiate and persuade others.
- Experience within a construction/engineering industry and commercial background.
- RC Frames and Groundworks experience
- Experienced in working with JCT Contracts with experience of NRC an advantage