£45,000 + Commission
November 18th, 2020
My client is a specialist in waterproofing and roofing systems, and work within various sectors including housing, education and commercial. They supply products and manage installations through their key network of contractors Nationwide.
They are looking to bring in an additional Area Sales Manager to cover Kent, South East London and East Sussex, the ideal candidate must live on or close to the patch.
Your role will be to generate specification and project opportunities through existing and new client base, achieve and, if possible, exceed your annual sales targets set by the Company and develop and maintain positive day-to-day relationships with existing and new clients including contractors and internal colleagues to ensure that an outstanding service is provided.
- Ensure that you fully understand your role in delivering company business plans and objectives and develop your own vision for your area
- Plan and manage your time efficiently and effectively to ensure that you maximise productivity, whilst providing regular feedback on activity to your manager
- Ensure that call cycles are properly recorded and adhered to
- Maintain regular and effective liaison with existing clients to understand their needs and drivers and exceed expectations. Maximise business opportunity through specification sales and networking
- Identify new clients and develop a strategy to maximise opportunities including arranging and / or delivering CPD seminars
- Ensure that you maintain a positive and proactive level of communication with the existing contractor network, including regular meetings, to engender mutual trust and understanding
- Seek and create new business by developing a clear understanding of market sector opportunity in your area and prioritising specifying clients within these sectors
- Ensure that all relevant market information is shared with your line manager and agreed strategy is acted upon
- Ensure all projects are tracked throughout the design and procurement stage to maximise conversion ratio
- Work closely with colleagues across the business, to act as Project Manager taking overall responsibility and ownership for projects, from conception to completion
- Manage and update client and contractor records on the company database
- Continuously develop and demonstrate your technical competence and understanding via your reports, specifications, and client interaction.
We are looking for exceptional candidates only and must:
- Be driven and hungry for success
- Have a great work ethic
- Have excellent time keeping
- Be keen to build relationships and network
- Have good presentation skills
- Have specification sales experience within the construction industry
If you are looking for a new challenge and the chance to progress in one of the UK’s leading roofing product manufacturers send your CV in for consideration.