- Before you begin your freelance assignment with The Just Group, details of the contract along with a starter pack will be sent to you confirming the assignment, the rate of pay and the relevant contact at the client.
- You should familiarise yourself with the terms of the contract and all accompanying details, returning any documents required prior to start of your assignment.
- Payment is made only on receipt of a timesheet, duly dated and signed by a representative of the client for whom you are working. To avoid delays in receiving pay, please ensure you complete your timesheet correctly and attach any additional paperwork to the timesheet.
- Expenses will only be payable where written approval has been obtained from the client and a signed expense claim form has been received along with ALL supporting receipts.
- Payroll is run every Friday except for Public Holidays where it will be done the previous day.
- In order to ensure you receive accurate and prompt payment, please make yourself familiar with our procedures.
Method of Payment
For our PAYE workers we use Payroll companies as we find this is the most effective means of you keeping on top and up to date with your tax affairs and expense claims. They offer you a hassle free service meaning you can get on with what you do best.
You will need to register with one of our providers (whichever one suits your role best – under supervision or not). They will provide you with an Application Form that will require all of your details including, proof of identity (Passport or original Birth Certificate), right to work if you are not a British Citizen, National Insurance Number and details of your assignment.
Your remittance is computed automatically and will be forwarded to you each week by text or email. Your monies will be paid directly into your bank account via BACS (Bankers Automated Clearing Services), a fast efficient system, dispensing with the need for cheques. You can expect payment 5 working days after your timesheet has been processed; meaning a correctly completed timesheet received by mail on a Monday morning will be processed that same day and the money cleared into your account by Friday.
Before payment can be processed we require:
- A signed copy of your contract.
- A completed contract and application form from the Payroll Company you opt to use
- A signed Timesheet
Do you have a P45 for the current tax year?
- If yes – please send your P45 with your application forms to the payroll company, failure to do so may result in you being over taxed.
- If no – please speak to the payroll company who will be on hand to assist you to ensure they get you on the correct tax code as quickly as possible
- This will all be handled by the Payroll company who will ensure that your tax status is kept up to date so you are not being overcharged.
- If you do not have a National Insurance number, you should contact your local office of the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP).
- If you are exempt from National Insurance or pay a reduced rate, please send your original card along with supporting evidence to the Payroll company.